Friday, December 17, 2010

-Wild Eyed- {Southern) Boy

Tennessee.

Strange name. Of course, it isn't his real name...but no one really knows what his real name is...soo...Tennessee.

He is the BIGGEST player I have ever met. And therefore...a challenge. He has this charming, suave way about him at all time. Always calm, always in control. Never missing a beat, or a smile, a chance to shock the crowds. He's quick with a story ( and how fantastic they are), and for a man of merely 125 pounds or so, a bottomless pit.

He is also in the theatre, and I had my first run in with him when we were cast in a show together. "Blithe Spirit" it was called. He was the lead, I was his dead wife. It was fate. 

So we started talking. Facebook chat. Texting. During Class. After Rehersal. The more you talked to this boy, the more you WANTED to talk to this boy. Of course, I knew I couldn't get close. Mother Abby has set the rules. Given the warnings.

Except.

Everything I was ever taught about him, was nothing like the way he acted when we were together. Of course, I knew that he had to be playing the game. True players never stop playing, so it's impossible to tell when they are and when they aren't running game on you. Never showing true feelings. Hearing but not listening. Seeing but not believing.

But when I found out how he kissed a friend of mine, then stopped flat talking to her- It was time for action. I had said I wasn't going to play games. I was going to look for a guy I TRULY wanted to date. But Tennessee had to be taught a lesson. Right?

What could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment